Friday, November 9, 2012

Rules of the Game

When I address economic issues here, I am going to try my very best to leave moral arguments to the side. My goal is to focus only on economics. I define the subject of economics as the study of the efficient allocation of scarce resources which have alternative uses. Efficiency is vital for the creation of wealth and the creation of wealth is vital for the improvement of the standards of life for everyone.

Whether or not something is 'ethical,' 'good,' 'right,' or 'moral' has everything to do with an individual's perspective of what, precisely, those things are. I love discussing philosophy, morality and theology, but I want to keep the discussions here focused with laser-like intensity on economics and only economics. Maybe I'll expand the discussions into other fields later. Probably not, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Civility is required.